Monday 25 May 2009

European Open

Ross Fisher defends his title at The London Club this week, and will be feeling very confident after his gallant effort on Sunday at Wentworth.It was an unlucky bid, his eagle putt on 18 looked in and I felt if he got it he would have won the playoff, but to be fair Paul Casey is a class act and despite yet another 2nd place for me the balance was slightly increased so not a bad result, despite Quiros having a disapointing weekend finishing T 16th, when, after the luck on his 36th hole, it looked as if he might challenge. At 40/1 this week, which has me tempted but he needs to find his putting game so I will relunctantly sidestep Alvaro this week. Ross Fisher is too short at 12/1 so I will opt for Martin Kaymer at 28/1, the German had up and down rounds (2nd & 3rd) before posting a good effort on Sunday and I think he can win this week.Thomas Aiken will win on tour this year and is in decent form so he is kept on again this week. Reducing the numbers to select each week, I will also have a small interest in Raphael Jacquelin, who is in very good form and having qualified for the US Open at Walton Heath I'm sure he will bring that confidence into this week.

Bank Balance after BMW Championship (YTD) +147.63

European Open Selects
2.5 units e/w M.Kaymer @ 28/1
1.5 units e/w T.Aiken @ 50/1
1 unit e/w R. Jacquelin @ 100/1

No comments:

Post a Comment