Tuesday 30 June 2009

Open de France

Nothing much to say about last week's effort, easily the worst tournament for me this year with both men not only missing the cut but finishing practically in the bottom 20. So roll on this week ! This could be anyones this week although there is quite a good field and the difficulty in picking the winner is reflected in the bookies prices in that they seem unable to separate the real contenders. I am confident that Lee Westwood can return to a challenging position this week and even at odds of just 18/1 I have to have an interest. Lee had a reasonably good US Open and maybe pumped up for this.
The value bets this week I am opting for are Fabrizio Zanotti, reason being quite simply at 100/1, he is an exceptional player who can give me a run for my money and win.Gonazalo Castano had an exceptional March/April this year and at 66/1 he may just return to challenging form this week also. Padraig Harrington returns this week and although I have a sneaky feeling Padraig might just have a good week, his odds of 25/1 may normally be good value but his latest form doesn't inspire the confidence over the hunch.

Bank Balance after BMW International (YTD) +212.01

Open de France Selects:

3 units e/w L.Westwood @ 18/1
1 unit e/w F.Zanotti @ 100/1
1 unit e/w G.Fdez Castano @ 66/1

No comments:

Post a Comment