Wednesday 22 June 2011

BMW International 2011

First of all,congratulations to Rory McIlroy, the 5th Major won by an Irishman in recent years and in some style too.Just sorry I didn't back him! He is taking a well deserved break now before reappearing at Sandwich where he could go in again quite easily so exciting couple of months coming up, which is welcome here as the blog strives to get some profits coming in.Martin Kaymer will be happy to be back in the Motherland for this week's event and whilst I am a great fan of the World No. 3,I am struggling to see him win this week although his form is not that bad as some suggest and it wouldn't surprise me that he does click this week but 10/1 is too short to invest in him.
I've been looking over my selections the past few months and have concluded that, yes, I've put up some outsiders that were really longshots but I've also put up selects that have won only a few weeks later when I abandoned them, not to mention missing out on Alex Noren AND Thomas Aiken whom I have put up many times. I did abandon them due to the poor run(mine) so this week I have decided that I have to stick with Ross Fisher. He missed out on playing at Congressional having fallen out of the top 50, but he is not far off finding the form that I still believe will see him win a major.He missed the cut in Wales last time out and I didn't see him going well that week at the time but I do see a fresh Ross Fisher being all fired up for the coming months and if the putter does get going he will be a regular on the summer leaderboards. He finished 2nd here last year to a fast finishing David Horsey so has course form and I will take the 30/1 with Boylesports.
Rory's Major success on Sunday may just be the spur for good friend Shane Lowry to go well this week. The Offaly man has produced some good results lately and would have been disappointed to have missed the cut in Maryland,but the course in Munich should suit his driving and he too is not far away from winning soon. Best odds with Betpack
I am tempted to have a small interest in Niclas Fasth,a former winner here,who has lost form the past couple of seasons but did show some fine play in Italy (finishing 6th) last time out. But as stated at the top of this post, I have refocussed on trying to find the tournament winner as opposed to throwing in a good "outsider" and have a dilemma now in choosing between Danny Willet, 66/1 Boylesports and another Irishman, Peter Lawrie at 100/1 with William Hill. Both are consistent performers and are much better than their odds suggest. I will split my stakes to include both. Niclas hasn't done enough for me to have confidence in another good outing for this week

TIP 1:1 pt e/w Ross Fisher @ 30/1 Boylesports.

TIP 2: 1 pt e/w Shane Lowry @ 50/1 Betpack

TIP 3: .5pts e/w Danny Willet @ 66/1Boylesports.

TIP 4: .5 pts e/w Peter Lawrie @ 100/1 William Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment