Wednesday 26 October 2011

Andalucia Masters 2011

One of the toughest courses on the European Tour hosts the second Andalucia Masters this week where last week's winner, Sergi Garcia heads the betting. This is a tight course and will suit accurate players with a good short game and we won't see a -27 winning total as we did last week. I wanted to back Martin Kaymer this week, Valderrama is one of his favourite courses and such is the quality of the man he could very well click this week but I would have liked a bit more than 12/1. Instead, one of those accurate patient players that I do fancy is Peter Hanson. The Swede is due to win a big one soon, is very consistent and is a likely contender here. 22/1 is great value in my opinion and therefore cannot be passed on. My other two selections are big hitters and may not have the accuracy that is crucial for this course but both are playing well and are regular tips on this blog. Alex Noren is having his best season, he opened up last week with a great round but fell back on day 2. He is in form, there's no doubt there and he can compete here as he showed at the PGA this year. 25/1 is better than what I expected to get so it's a definite value bet for me.
My third pick this week is Belgian, Nicholas Colsaerts @ 45/1. The price offered more to do with the course not being ideal for his power off the tee but he has shown steady form since his return to competitive action a few weeks ago and I se no reason why he can't challenge the big boys this week either especially if he gets the putter hot.

TIP 1: 1 pt e/w P.Hanson @ 22/1 Bet365

TIP 2: 1 pt e/w A.Noren @ 22/1 Bet365

TIP 3: 1 pt e/w N.Colsaerts @ 45/1 Paddypower


No comments:

Post a Comment