Tuesday 2 July 2013

Greenbrier Classic 2013

The 4th staging of this new event on the PGA Tour takes places at the Old White TPC in West Virginia and has attracted a decent field just 2 weeks before The Open as players try to refine their game before the 3rd major. Ted Potter defends whilst others try to emulate recent maiden winners on a track that has produced first time winners the past 2 years in play-offs. In its inaugural year, Stuart Appleby produced the magical 59 in the final round to win, but the course has been toughened up somewhat since. Nonetheless, expect low scoring again this week where birdies are required to win.

My preview is very brief this week, apologies for this as I'm stuck for spare time but rather than giving the tourney a miss I coudn't ignore my top pick nor my outsiders.

I'm going with 3 players here for a 4 unit (points) play.

My top selection is a 2 PT WIN bet on Webb Simpson @ 16/1. I just couldn't ignore Webby. He's playing well enough to strike and his all round game should be suited to scoring well here. 15th in overall scoring augurs well and should he get the putter going he could be hard to beat.

My second pick is Jason Kokrak @ 80/1 with Paddypower who are paying 6 places. I had a dabble on Kokrak recently to no avail but he certainly hit some form last week at Congressional. He should bring some good vibes with him here so and he's being added again in the hope he keeps that form up. The 23 yr old big hitter should be at ease off the tee and can score well on this course.

The third pick for me this week is Robert Karlsson @ 125/1 with Paddypower also. The Swede has shown glimpses that his game is returning and like Appleby in 2010, this could be an event that sees him back on the leaderboards. He'll take heart from Paul Casey winning in Ireland following injury.

4 point staking plan - all bets with Paddypower

TIP 1: 2 pts WIN W.Simpson @ 16/1

TIP 2: 0.5 pts e/w J.Kokrak @ 80/1

TIP 3: 0.5 pts e/w R.Karlsson @ 125/1

No comments:

Post a Comment