Monday 26 August 2013

Wales Open 2013 - Celtic Manor

   The European Ryder Cup 2014 team will be anxious to retain the trophy at    Gleneagles next year, scene of last weeks Johnnie Walker Championship which was won by Tommy Fleetwood. The starting gun fires for European players to start collecting Ryder Cup Team points at Celtic Manor this week, on a course where Captain, Paul McGinley has tasted European Title success in the past. On last week's event,this blog had followed Tommy in a couple of tournaments already this year ...except last week,of course....but it was refreshing to see a win come his way after a solid season. I'm just hoping now that for the rest of the season, the blog can end on a high and find a couple of winners to reward all the "near misses". I've lost count the number of times that a backed player or two has been in prime position throughout the first 54 holes, only to see him/they fade away on Sunday. I missed the action from The Barclays the weekend, perhaps just as well, as I cannot believe that both Matt Kuchar and Webb Simpson failed to return any money from our bets having being in such a good position, Kooch especially...quite unbelieveable !
    
       Anyway...onto this week and I am happy to have a punt on the Wales Open this week. Its not the strongest of fields but nonetheless, its quite a competitive one and one player that sticks out for me this week is a player that I invariably back at some point throughout the season (if not a handful of times I hear you say..) and that's England's Ross Fisher. Having tried his luck on the PGA Tour this year and having missed out on the Playoffs, Ross will be aiming to get a result over the next couple of months and grab himself some Ryder Cup points. He's playing well, without the rewards to show for it. Even in the States, he threw in some good rounds, suggesting his game is not at all in bad shape.

Bet Online with Titan Bet
 Click here to get free £25
I like his chances here this week against this field and if he gets a good first round under his belt, I do think he could get a bit of steam up and win here. There is 25/1 in general on offer but I've grabbed some 28/1 with Titanbet



My second pick this week is another player that I have backed a couple of times this season without a collect and thats Frenchman, Victor Dubuisson. He is rested and comes here fresh and like Tommy Fleetwood last Sunday, is a player that I firmly believe will win soon and I don't want to miss out when he does. Anything less than 50/1 and I would pass though despite his last two outings producing TOP20s at French & Scottish Opens. His length off the tee will be a great asset on the par 71, 7300 yd Celtic Manor course. Currently ranked 52nd on the R2D, he will be keen to improve on that before the inaugural playoffs begin.


TIP 1 : 1.5 pts e/w R.Fisher @ 28/1 Titanbet

TIP 2: 1 pt e/w V.Dubuisson @ 50/1 Paddypower



No comments:

Post a Comment