Wednesday 24 June 2009

BMW International

Hopefully the European summer is finally upon us and we can have a tournament without the rain & wind playing havoc to the outcome. No joy at the US Open last week but again another tournament ruined by the weather. Some of the fancied golfers to win in Germany this week may and I hope, be feeling the effects of their efforts at Bethpage last weekend so its a punt on two of my previous tips this year who I believe will win this season. Alvaro Quiros will like the course this week and although only 25/1 I fancy him to produce a good showing this week. Thomas Aiken has been playing better than just good this season and at 66/1 I cannot ignore him. He will be refreshed too coming into this and if he has good opening round I expect him to challenge come Sunday. Others I fancied are Fasth (good German soil record) but I think the bookies have got it right this week at 40/1 which is a bit skinny for a player who is only starting to show solid form and Fabrizio Zanotti, who is quite tempting at 100/1. I have decided to stick with the two picks in good faith they will deliver soon. (Ross Fisher considered last week but omitted and finished 5th)

Bank balance after US Open (YTD) + 222.01

BMW International Selects

2.5 units e/w A.Quiros @ 25/1
2.5 units e/w T. Aiken @ 66/1

No comments:

Post a Comment