Thursday 2 January 2014

New Year brings new Challenges and Hopes. Bring it on !

First of all, I'd like to wish a Happy New Year to all readers of the blog and to those following on Twitter. 2014, from a golfing perspective, looks set to be an exciting one with so many young guns capable of winning Majors, and of course Rory & Tiger looking to put Major-less 2013 behind them. We'll have the Ryder Cup to look forward to later in the year as Dubliner, Paul McGinley captains the European Team against Tom Watson's USA team at Gleneagles in Scotland. The European Tour will be very interesting this year as more & more of their top players are moving towards full PGA Tour membership whilst sponsorship remains an issue. But its this tour that I will be focusing on again from a betting perspective, whilst picking certain tournaments on the PGA to invest in as opposed to being involved every week. Reason being is clear from my 2013 results as I returned decent profit in Europe but gave it away by trying to back every tourney in the US which I hadn't done in the past. I was unlucky on a few occasions on the PGA Tour with many a 36 & 54 hole leader, and indeed in one tournament had 3 in the top 3 with just 9 to play, to end up with  nothing for the week! The year started so well but the second half was poor and but for Dustin Johnson's win in China I'd have ended up in the red for the year.With +86.81 pts profit from the European Tour, +13.25 pts from the Majors,and +24 pts from the WGC the good work was undone by a loss of -106.33 pts on the PGA Tour. I'll continue to get involved in the PGA Tour for sure but won't be doing so every week. I have also reviewed my staking plan and am approaching the new year from a different angle as a result. I'll continue to tweet my shortlists, which also proved to be there or thereabouts a lot of the time with many winners missed by the final cull. I'm hoping my new staking plan will try capture more of these "near misses".
    I'd also be very interested in receiving some onsite comments and feedback this year, the golfing betting fraternity is growing mainly thanks to twitter and together I think we can all bash the bookies this year.
 
On the topic of receiving feedback and indeed becoming a fraternity of sorts, I am also in the process of arranging a "golf&gamble weekend" of which details will be announced shortly, so stay tuned and make sure you sign up to our weekly newsletter.

On a final note before this weeks golf tees off in Hawaii on Friday, I'd urge any punter who bets on the golf each week and who is on Facebook to check out The Punters League run by the guys over at Golf Betting System. I do, there is a £250 overall winners prize and weekly £25 winners prize by selecting 3 players each week on both main tours.... get involved ...its FREE and there is fantastic banter among the group.

I'll be back next week for my selections for the Volvo Champions to be staged in Durban. I've had an interest in Webb Simpson @10/1 for Hawaii this week, purely due to recent form and if he plays as well as he has been before the break with stand-in caddy Ted Scott (Bubba's caddy as Paul Tesori takes time off to be at the expectant birth of his child) on his bag, he should be in with a chance. Starts Friday 3rd January.

No comments:

Post a Comment