Wednesday 7 June 2017

Lyoness Open 2017 - Diamond Country Club, Austria

 A decent week last week but it was a week of "what-ifs" in Sweden, but some solid returns with three players yielding the profit. We move onto Austria this week for the Lyoness Open to be played once again at the Diamond Country Club where home favourite Bernd Wiesberger looks to be strong for the field and he heads the betting market @ 5.50

This post is very brief I'm afraid due to time constraints, but hopefully like the 2010 posts on the blog,it might bring some luck. With a very weak field and a strong favourite who I feel should prevail here I'm keeping selections to a minimum. With Mikko Korhonen a bit shorter than my tissue, I've opted to leave him be and instead jumped on Tom Lewis @ 71.00 - I had initially priced the Englishman @ 80s as per my shortlist, but subsequent to my pricing, both Chris Wood & Gregory Bourdy have withdrawn so the 71.00 still on offer is of value now. On three previous visits to the course he has produced 26-30-10 finishes, yet it was his 30th finish in 2013 that saw him shoot 63 in the first round that suggests the course is to his liking.So far this season, the resurgent Lewis is 8/9, which sees 4 TOP20s (44%). His last 3 events are positive; 18th in Portugal, 11th in Sicily and 41st in Sweden.

I've backed James Morrison at the Trophee Hassan (T-13th), Shenzhen (T-29th) and again at the Rocco Forte Open in Sicily (T-58th) in the past couple of months, and I'm even surprised that I'm going in again here this week @ 34.00 ! That said it's hard to ignore his recent form as he has been playing well without getting the results. As I tweeted during some of those events, he had developed a trend of finishing rounds with bogeys, merely a coincidence I hope, but if he can eliminate the mistakes, he can go in here. Finishing 4th last year with a weekend pair of 68s, "Jimbo" should be buoyed to go well this week in a field of this strength.

Sign up to play The Lyoness Open DFS games here 

Selections

1.00 pt WIN T. Lewis @ 71.00
1.50 pts E/W J. Morrison @ 34.00

3.00 pts TOP10 T. Lewis @ 7.00




No comments:

Post a Comment