Wednesday 24 April 2013

Zurich Classic, TPC Louisiana - 2013

TPC Louisiana hosts this weeks event on the PGA Tour where Jason Dufner defends. 12 months ago, he claimed his first PGA Tour victory here and its a feat that has been achieved many times before in the past. That feat being the first title for many a tour player was won here. I have 2 players in my plan this week that would achieve their first PGA Tour title so hopefully that's a stat that continues come Sunday.
Last week was a strange one for the blog. All 4 selections made the weekend and indeed were just simmering behind the leaders after Friday's play. It was to be a quiet weekend thereafter with Bob Estes finishing best for T30th. Martin Kaymer got off to a good start and after his first two rounds I thought he was going to challenge but he never got to grips with the back 9 at Hilton Head and had a disastrous weekend. I mention Martin Kaymer as he obviously is one of the better European Players taking out a full card on the PGA this year and it seems to me that the newbies from Europe are somewhat struggling. That said we have been served up some great tournaments on some great tough courses the past 6 - 8 weeks. This week we have a Pete Dye designed course that was built in 2004 and is a long one at 7,400 yds. Full of water hazards and bunkers, the key may be to make the least amount of bogeys and take your chances when they come.
I'll have to keep this preview short this week due to time restraints but I have drawn up a list of who I think could go well here. My first selection is Ricky Fowler @ 20/1 with Betpack. I am gradually becoming a fan, he has shown he has the game to compete at the highest level and following a disappointing final rd at Augusta, he comes here fresh and recharged looking to win.I think 20s this week is a cracking price for a player that is in good form this season and knocking on the door for the win.

My second pick is the up and coming star on the PGA and a player I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, Jordan Spieth. He seems unfazed so far in his outings on tour this year and he could be about to challenge for that win. 60/1 with Boylesports is too big for this talent and this is the price that I need to be on when he does win.

My third pick is Belgian star, Nicolas Colsaerts who is yet to make an impact on the tour this year. He has the length to take this course on and the course should be to his liking. In fact, this could be the first course this year that suits his eye the best and if he gets off to a decent start he might just fancy himself to challenge the weekend. With Betpack offering 6 places and @ 90/1, he's definitely on the plan this week. I had contemplated Ross Fisher @ 175s but perhaps Ross needs a good week before I can side with him, but certainly one to watch over the next few weeks

TIP 1: 2 pts WIN R.Fowler @20/1 Betpack

TIP 2: 1 pt e/w J.Spieth @ 60/1 Boylesports

TIP 3: 1 pt e/w N.Colsaerts @ 90/1 Betpack

No comments:

Post a Comment