Tuesday 1 December 2020

Golf in Dubai Championship 2020 - Jumeirah Estate Golf Resort

 Dubai hosts the final two events of the European Tour and we have a Wednesday start for this event to be played at the resort on the Fire Course ahead of next week's finale to be played on the Earth Course. 

I'm backing three players for this,one who has been part of a few staking plans this season and who I feel has had decent results without really clinching the one that would make his season complete and that is Wil Besseling. Three TOP-20s from his last 4 starts shows he's in fine form and the Fire Course should be to his liking here to continue a run of good results. 

I'm also going back in on Alexander Bjork who will probably be glad to see the end of the season and look forward to the new one but his game is not that far away and he's my idea of a player under the radar this week. The Swede has UAE as well as extended Middle East form when finishing 6th at the Qatar Masters earlier this year and 12th at the Earth Course twelve months ago. He is a lively contender @ 66/1 (60/1 7 places)

Finally, a bit of a stab with my final selection in the shape of Clement Sordet but I was close to putting him up in a few tournaments year but decided to keep an eye, but it's been a disappointing season so far for the Frenchman. However, I'm hoping he might be motivated this week for his Dubai challenge as he has form in neighbouring Oman and his game like Bjork,is improving. 


I'll be back tomorrow with my Mayakoba Classic picks but I will not be getting involved in the South African Open.

Selections


1 PT e/w W. Besseling @  50/1 - 7 places

1 PT e/w A. Bjork @ 60/1 - 7 places

0.50 PTS e/w C. Sordet @ 200/1 - 8 places 


No comments:

Post a Comment