Tuesday 22 March 2022

Qatar Masters 2022 - Doha GC, Qatar

 Romain Langasque somehow decided to bogey his 72nd hole last week and drop out of the places but I'm happy to stick with him here again this week at Doha GC where by all accounts the wind will be up and a level headed, experienced golfer will be needed on the staking plan. We dont have an overly top field here this week again and he's a player that is certainly rounding into some consistency and can go in on Sunday @ 28/1 - 7 places.

I mentioned last week that I did fancy the chances of Marcus Armitage for the Steyn City Championship and whilst he didn't contend, his 40th place finish has followed up on placings of 11-17-9-35-12 since the Dubai Desert Classic. I think the 33/1 - 7 places is more than fair here.

I'm also siding with Grant Forrest this week @ 100/1 - 6 places . Is there value in the price? Maybe not but having gone over my shortlists in these type of field strengths over the years, I've noted that a lot on the shortlist have done well where they were not included on my final staking plan, to the point I do recognize that these events (Strength of field) really are tough to assess. We have a coastal course where wind is a factor and a course although not a links, plays like one and suits those that have solid Open & links form (Dunhill, Irish Opens at links courses e.g. Lahinch T-4th). Grant has the experience and is not without a chance this week.


Selections


2 pt e/w R. Langasque @ 28/1 - 7 places

1.5 pt e/w M. Armitage @ 33/1 - 7 places

0.75 pt e/w G. Forrest @ 100/1 - 6 places




No comments:

Post a Comment