Tuesday 9 March 2021

Qatar Masters 2021 - Education City GC, Doha, Qatar

 The European Tour resumes this week in Qatar, where the majority of the field (~99%) will be shaking off a lot of rust since having last played in Saudi Arabia last month. 

Given the layoff and said rustiness, added with the quality of the field in attendance, I found this event quite hard to price up and therefore deduce value and deciding on a bet. With The Players on the PGA Tour grabbing most of our attention this week, that's where I have main focus but one player in particular takes my fancy here and thats a player I backed a couple of times recently, Aaron Rai. The Englishman is readily available @ 33/1 - 7 places with a lot of bookmakers which I couldn't believe as I did initially price him a 22/1 shot...giving a 25% buffer on that and having checked his form, I think he's well worth getting into the staking plan this week, so much so, I have included him a few each doubles with my Players selections! Rai was 18th last time out at the WGC Workday Championship at The Concession so he does arrive with a recent outing under his belt and form to boot.

Given how tough I found pricing this one, Marcus Armitage doesn't look right either @ 66/1 - 7 places. Marcus showed some solid form at the end of last season finishing 6th at The Alfred Dunhill, 12th & 14th at the two Cypriot events, 10th at The Italian Open and 7th at The Scottish Championship. His last missed cut was at Valderrama ! The Englishman is decent value here and I'm happy to go back in again


Selections

2 pts A. Rai @ 33/1 - 7 places
1 pt e/w M. Armitage @ 66/1 - 7 places


No comments:

Post a Comment